return to index
Basic Functions and Responsibilities
The Federal Relations Chair keeps the membership abreast of information, legislation, and other issues originating with the Federal Government.
Enacted January, 2000
- Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain contact with Federal offices, associations, and individuals who are involved with issues important to post-secondary education and other educationally related matters.
- Assist the EASFAA President with position papers and letter writing efforts to legislators.
- Provide the membership with information and implications of emerging legislation and proposed rulemaking activities.
- Assist the Conference Committee and Training Committee in seeking speakers for conferences and workshops.